10 Reasons Why Your Home Probably Didn’t Sell - Free Report
This “FREE” report outlines 10 reasons why I believe may have had home trouble selling while it was listed with another real estate company. Although these suggestions are not fact, they do generally reflect views and situations why many of the homes have listed have not sold during the listing period. Please note that these reasons are only this agent’s conclusion or ideas and do not suggest or have any accusations or wrong doings toward any previously listed real estate company and or their agents.
- Communication. One of the main goals and functions who lists a property is to a make certain the listing is conveyed to the other real estate agents in the community. Marketing flyers, property data sheets with detailed information in flyer boxes, along with other important features about your home need to be readily available for the buying public. Perhaps your property needed a little bit more of a push to the other agents in the area.
One of my main functions is to always keep our properties in front and promoted to the other real estate agents throughout the community. My philosophy is that the agents in our marketplace may have a buyer on any given day. Making sure they are exposed to your listing is exposed to the agent population and in front at all times is essential to help speed up a sale for your property. After all, most homes are sold by someone else other than the listing agent and seeing that your property details are in front of the other top agents in our board is essential!
- Some Properties Just Don’t Always Sell! Unfortunately you can use the services of any agent in your market area and chances are your house would not have sold. As I’ve noted earlier there are a lot of great real estate agents in community and many work very hard at what they do. Unfortunately not all properties sell nor can we always show your property in every situation. It’s never a good idea to make the seller “think” we are working hard or have prospects when we don’t. Don’t be discouraged if you did not have a sell the first go around. Make sure your property is priced correctly, follow the suggestions with these tips, have a positive outlook and I’m certain your real estate will sell soon.
Oftentimes in my real estate career that other agents have had listed and sold them quickly. The same thing has happened to me with other agents. I would have a home listed and it did not sell and then another company would get it and it would sell fast. I don’t have all of the reasons or facts why this happens only to say that a fresh new sign, a new marketing plan and a change can be a good thing for everyone involved. If you think you might be ready for a new plan and some fresh ideas I would love to visit
- Your Property Was Priced too High! Like it or not, price is generally the main culprit when it comes too why homes do not sell. Yes the property might be in a poor location or other negative factors about the real estate, but the bottom line is that somewhere out there at “some” price there is a buyer willing to purchase the real estate. If the price is attractive enough or priced below market value there is always a buyer willing to purchase it. Making certain your real estate is priced at market value is important if you’re serious about selling.
- Your property Was Not in the Multiple Listing Service (MLS). If your agent did not belong to the MLS then your home may not have been exposed to the right number of agents. It’s imperative that your property be in the correct position in the local MLS to gain the maximum exposure to the agents selling property in your area.
- Lack of Staging. Did your real estate agent help stage the home? If not, this could be one of the problems for finding a buyer for your property. Remember that you can do all of the staging in the world but if your real estate is priced too high then staging will not work. One of the ways that you can determine if staging is a factor is to the number of showings you had. A lot of showings and no offers then staging might help. It could also be related to price but this is an area that I can assist with as a real estate professional.
- Photos. Although the purpose of this report is to not downgrade or take advantage as to the competition it is to help draw some conclusions or questions to ask yourself why your property did not sell. Many times as a real estate professional I have noticed properties listed that had few if any photos or virtual tours added to the local MLS or company web site. I cannot commit on this fact or issue with your property but it is one you should ask yourself and see if this is an area that could be improved upon. We use a professional photographer to ensure that every feature of your home is shown to it's full capacity. We also include virtual tours and Interactive floor plans if you have floor plans available.
- Lack of Facts. As noted earlier, this report is not to take advantage of our competition or cast negative remarks about our competitors or other agents, however sometimes a common overlooked aspect of marketing a home is the lack of information. Did your agent have the needed facts to convey to buyers and other agents about updates and additions made to your property? These facts can be a good marketing tool to use in showing potential buyers what improvements and upgrades you have made to the property. This information is very helpful for agents and buyers when your property is shown.
- Lack of Open Houses. Many agents do not like to hold open houses to the public or for other real estate agents. I believe it is important to expose as many people as possible (other agents and the general public) to the properties I have for-sale. Open houses are excellent ways to get people inside your dwelling and then get them interested in the property! The more marketing programs the better for everyone involved. One of my popular marketing tools is through the use of open houses. I believe that an open house for agents is important as well as open houses for the general public.
- Working with the Neighbours. Who better wants to sell your home than the neighbours? That’s not to say that your neighbours will be glad to see you leave, only that they will have a concern as to who might move in. Many times the neighbors in your area would love to help find the right family that they are acquainted with and know on a personal level. There’s something about having friends living close by that is a good feeling. Usually if your neighbours can help in selling your property they will! This is generally a winner for everyone involved. As a real estate professional if I’m chosen to work for you I promise to work closely with your neighbors and make sure they have the needed information to share with any friends or acquaintances they may know who might be interested in your home.
- No Internet Presence. Unfortunately many real estate agents still do not have their own web sites. Many buyers are going to the World Wide Web to get information about homes for sale. In 2008 more than 87% Buyers start their search online. If your property was not properly positioned on the web for these new tech savvy buyers then you’ve missed a golden opportunity for potential buyers. I will make sure your property is placed on our web site and given full exposure to Internet buyers shopping for a home in our marketplace. We have 2 websites that rank very high in the search engines and we get you the exposure like no other realtor in Calgary.