Introducing a Massive Calgary Park
Nose Hill Park is over 2,700 acres in size or over 11,000 hectares. It's made up of mostly protected grassland with many hiking paths, great scenery and a beautiful view of the Rocky Mountains. The park is home to a fescue grassland ecosystem, which is rare for the area, 27 species of mammals and 100 species of birds. The park features:
- Hiking Trails
- Designated off-leash areas
- Native Grasslands
The park is all about nature with the amazing grasslands throughout. Enjoy a hike on the hill or spend time appreciating the beauty around you. This is one of the best areas for Canadian prairies throughout the entire country with the Bow River Valley and Rocky Mountains close by. Many different plants, trees, shrubs and wildflowers are found throughout the park, along with the Trembling Aspen.
As you hike through the park, you may spot all types of wildlife including deer, coyotes, pocket gophers, porcupines, squirrels and more. This is a great place for bird watching with a variety of birds throughout the park.
June Events at the Park
- Early Morning Bird Walk - June 1st
- Union Cemetery Tour - Union Cemetery Tour
- Always a Bloom: Summer Container - June 6th
- Beyond Basics: Birds by Sound - June 8th
- Carifest - June 8th
- Hike for Health - June 13th through 16th
- St. Mary's Cemetery Tour - June 15th
- Learn to Birdwatch - June 22nd
- Family Birding in a Nutshell - June 22nd
- Dr. Suess in the Park - June 22nd and June 29th
- Burnsland Cemetery Tour - June 29th
Cemetery tours are free events. Other events may come with a small fee.
Nose Hill Park is surrounded by 12 different residential communities. If you want to enjoy this park, you can find it at 5620 14 Street N. W. and it's open from 5am to 11pm daily.