Tips for preparing Your Home for Viewing, if you only have a few minutes.
With so many homes for sale in the Calgary Real Estate market your first impressions count. Obviously, your home should look its best when potential
buyers arrive. However, time is not always on your side. There
may be times when you have only a few minutes to get things
ready. What you do with those minutes can mean the difference
between an interested buyer … and one who crosses your
home off the list.
Here are some things you can do to help your home look its best
in just five minutes or less:
• Put away coats, hats, and shoes. Clean up, especially
around the foyer. You don't want clutter to be the first
thing a buyer sees.
• Turn on all lights and lamps. A home that is bright
• Put on some soft music. Easy listening is the best choice.
Don't play rock or jazz music because some people might
dislike it.Think elevator music.
•Make sure the toilet lids are down.Even when a washroom
is sparkling clean, a raised toilet seat gives the impression –
however incorrectly – that things are less than hygienic.
• Relocate the pets. Put pets in the backyard or basement,
or at least segregate them in a separate room. Better still,
take them away from your home entirely.
• Close the garage doors.Most garages don't look great on
• Hide the waste bins. Keep them out of site.
• Wash the dishes. If possible, don't leave them on a drying
rack. Put them away.
• Put away personal items. Put family pictures, bills, and
other personally identifying information away.You want the
buyers to visualize themselves living in your home, not you.
• Open all curtains and blinds. This makes rooms look
bigger and brighter, even at night.
A good showing and first impression will help you get top dollar for your home. Put a little effort into presenting your home to the best of it's ability and you may also cut down the time it takes for your home to sell.
If you are thinking of selling your Calgary Property, feel free to contact me at any time for an accurate and current evaluation.
You may also visit my Calgary Property Values website where you can instantly determine the value of your home in minutes.Posted by Justin Havre on